We are a premier online service provider. Use our simple form to apply for your Tax ID online in less than 5 minutes.
Why you should apply with us:
- Save Time
- Immediate Assistance
- Customized Form
- Reviewed by Experts
- 24 x 7 Availability
- Status Tracking
An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, Federal Employer
Identification Number (FEIN), Tax Identification Number TIN or Tax ID.
This is an identifying number that the Government assigns to an entity to identify the business.
The Tax ID is a 9 digit number (for example, 12-3456789) assigned to sole proprietors, corporations, partnerships,
estates, trusts, and other entities for tax filing and reporting purposes.
You need to apply if you:
- Are Creating or have Started a new business.
- If your business has hired or will hire employees, needs to open a bank account, has a change in entity ownership, or purchased an established business. These are just a few examples. There are additional situations that would require a Tax ID to be in compliance with the IRS.
- Your Tax ID number will identify your business accounts, tax returns, and many other business related documents.
You will find the different cases below:
- You already have a Tax ID number.
- You purchased an ongoing business and you became the "owner" of the corporation by acquiring its stock.
- If you changed just the name of an entity and the entity type stayed the same.
- If you are a sole proprietor with no employees. However, sole proprietors who must pay federal excise or payroll taxes will need to apply.